Marvel Unveils '04 FF Plans Marvel plans three Fantastic Four series for 2004, and we've got the details and preview art. Check this out.
2F2F DVD Contest The hit street racing film 2 Fast 2 Furious is driving to DVD players near you. Win a free copy from Slush and Universal.
Gaiman Returns To Sandman By Brian Jacks
Comic fans may start the rejoicing. DC has provided further details on one of the most anticipated projects of the year: Neal Gaiman's return to Vertigo in The Sandman: Endless Nights.
This 160-page, oversized hardcover original graphic novel features the return to comics storytelling of Hugo Award-winning, New York Times best-selling author Neil Gaiman. With an international dream-team of artists, Gaiman explores each member of The Endless in a series of seven powerful tales.
"I've been working on ENDLESS NIGHTS for over two years," says Gaiman. "It's the equivalent of writing almost seven monthly comics, for the top artists in comics. Now that the stories have come in, it's better than I dreamed."
Article continued below advertisement
A huge roster of artists illustrate the seven stories:
* P. Craig Russell (The Sandman #50, The Ring of the Nibelung) illustrates a story of Death and a day that goes on forever.
* Milo Manara (Click, Butterscotch) - the Italian artist famous for his captivating portrayals of the female form - paints a story of love and Desire in ancient times.
* Bill Sienkiewicz (Elektra: Assassin, The Shadow) brings us to Delirium's realm on a strange rescue mission.
* Spanish architect and illustrator Miguelanxo Prado (Streak of Chalk, Peter and the Wolf) takes us back to the dawn of time, when stars spoke...
* Barron Storey (The Marat/Sade Journals), one of America's premiere illustrators, creates 15 heartrending portraits of Despair.
* Glenn Fabry (award-winning Preacher cover artist) draws a story of future archaeologists learning a little too much about Destruction.
* Frank Quitely (New X-Men, The Authority, JLA: Earth 2) contributes a final commentary on Destiny.
In addition to these stories, The Sandman: Endless Nights includes a biography section and a summary of each volume in the Sandman Library. Dave McKean, The Sandman cover-artist and one of today's finest illustrators, exquisitely crafts the wraparound cover and book design.
In addition to regular 'ol comic advertising, DC Publicity Manager Peggy Burns anticipates national media support for ENDLESS NIGHTS.
"Due to Neil Gaiman's high profile and his legendary Sandman mythos, we have received an unprecedented amount of response to THE SANDMAN: ENDLESS NIGHTS from the mainstream press," says Burns. "The compelling storytelling and the gorgeous artwork combined with his featured appearances at Book Expo America and the upcoming New York Is Book Country are guaranteed to land press coverage around the world."
The Sandman: Endless Nights, an oversized (7 1/4" x 10 7/8") 160-page original hardcover graphic novel, is an essential part of VERTIGO'S Tenth Anniversary celebration, and is scheduled to arrive in comic book stores September 17 with a cover price of $24.95 U.S.